Thursday, February 27, 2014

Kahoot! is Causing Students to cry "Let's Do it Again!"

Marianna Ellis, English teacher at Seguin High School, has found a technology tool that engages and captivates her students. In her own words, she says:
Last year I trepidatiously began to use technology in my Resource English classes.  We started with using iPads and moved to Google Drive form/quizzes.  The students were receptive to this, and this encouraged me to try even more this year.  We used Educreations for grammar warm-up exercises.  Then I was introduced to Kahoot by our librarian who would not stop pestering me until I tried it with my class.  Now I will never go back to the old way.  My students were so excited.  They begged me to keep reviewing them and their grades were off the charts.  Thank you for providing the technology that is user friendly and improves student assessments in a fun and easy way.


 There are so many things we love about this! Did you catch that?

  • The teacher started off with small steps and took a risk to try something new
  • The librarian has embraced technology and collaborates with her teachers (thank you Brenda Gorman!)
  • The students "begged to keep reviewing!" That does not happen with worksheets!
  • Their grades "were off the charts!"

Here's what some of the students had to say:

Cameron W. - "I liked practicing with Kahoot.  It really helped me. We practiced it multiple times, and it was fun.  I made 100 on the vocabulary quiz."

Shabrandon Y. - "I like it. It helps by making review easy."

Kaylynn C. - "I liked it. It helped me to make 100 on the test."

Cadaro Q.  - "It was awesome. It was so much fun. It is better than paper work. I would like to do it again."


Kahoot is a free, powerful, game-based review tool that can be used on any device: laptops, Chromebooks, iPads, Android devices, iPhones, anything with an internet connection! To learn more about Kahoot, check out this blog post!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experiences with Kahoot!. The Kahoot! team is working constantly to improve Kahoot! to motivate and engage students to learn more.

    - Alf Inge Wang
    (inventor and co-founder of Kahoot!)

    ReplyDelete